Tuesday, November 13, 2007

ALPHABETICALLY SPEAKING


In a popular broadsheet circulating, a famed showbiz columnist usually features famous celebrities and the important things in their lives done chronologically, commencing with A until Z. I may not be famous, I may not be a celebrity, but it wouldn't hurt if, for my perusal, I come out with my own version of my "ABCs". Bear with me as I list down the people, events, places and stuffs that matter to me at this point in my life:

A - ARCET (nickname of my favorite son),
APPELLATE COURT (Tax Appeals or Court of Appeals, institutions that compelled me to be a lawyer)

B - BADMINTON (My favourite Sport, thus far),
BRETON (after-dinner destination to chit-chat with family and friends and a serving of crepe and a cup of coffee)
BORACAY (the sand, the beach and the food)

C - CARAMEL ICE CREAM (just one scoop is enough for me)
CAVITE (a blast from my past)

D - DADDY (mine and my kids'- influential figures in my life)
DISPOSITIVE PORTION (of a legal decision gives me this unexplainable sense of fulfilment, knowing that I have made one work done)
DIGITAL CAMERA (I love capturing moments)

E - ELADIA (I was a lola's girl and I'm proud of it)
EMPRESS (she understands my quirks and idiosyncrasies)

F - FRIENDS and FAMILY (need I say more???)

G - GOD (the reason for everything) and
GREEN (my favorite color & brown, of course)

H- HOLIDAYS (including Christmas, New Year & some Extended Weekends),
HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate (not so sweet, not too bitter)

I - IELLA (I'm crazy 'bout this Little Girl )
IMELDA (a mother like no other)

J - JAPANESE FOOD (Salmon sashimi, futomaki, etc. etc.)
JUNE & JULY (My wedding anniversary, my kids' birth months)

K - KNITWEAR (I just love knits)
KISS (from hubby or from children, it effectively wipes my tiredness away)

L - LAW ('our' profession)
LAPTOP (the repository of important documents and cherished memories, and of course, my gateway to the world
LAUGHTER (I do this often & I found out that it's still the best medicine)
LONG DRIVES (and the Long talks that come with it)

M - MESINA (I was and will always be a Mesina)
MOBILE PHONE (Can't function without it)
MARATHON DVD Watching (alone or with someone else, it's exhilarating)

N - NEW WAVE (the era of my youth)

NIECE & NEPHEWS (im fond of them all); NIGHTS (I am an evening person…)


O - OUTINGS (the camaraderie and togetherness that grew out of it)

P - PRAYERS (my secret formula and my weapon to everything)
PHOTOS (my tangible evidence of treasured moments)
PARENTING (eight years and I am still learning)

Q - QUADRUPLE Sharing (We are four in the family, remember?)

R - REALTY PLUS, INC. (How fun is it to do business with family and friends!!)
READING (can't live without books, magazines and newspapers)

S - SIBLINGS (love them, miss them)
SALE (who hate discounts?)
SCRABBLE (I have been playing this classic board game since I was 8.)
SLEEP (the sweetest thing invented, it invigorates my body and revitalizes my spirit)

T - TAI-CHI (my effective stress buster)
TEA (java green, please!)

U - UNCONDITIONAL love, UNWAVERING SUPPORT and UNDIVIDED Attention (What deserving people could expect from me)

V - VACATIONS (my temporary respite from the rigors of the real world)
VIDEOS (sights and sounds of my kids, captured!)

W - WEDDINGS (a hopeless romantic… I cry on weddings)
WATCHING TVs (I plead guilty, I am an addict!)
WINE (I like its crisp, bitter-ish and sweet taste).

X - XER (if reversed, it becomes the important part of my life!!)

Y - YAYAS (my angels in disguise…)

Z - ZANY DISPOSITION (and lastly, I have learned to arm myself with this in every situation, at any given instance, in all events)….